Skip to content
- 1 acorn squash
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Carefully slice the squash in half, removing and discarding the inner seeds. Slice the squash into long wedges and place on one of the baking sheets
- In a small sauce pan, slowly melt together the butter, chipotle powder and sea salt. Use half of the melted chipotle butter to brush both sides of the squash, reserving the remaining butter for later.
- Roast the squash for 40 minutes, rotating half way through if possible.
- Tear the prosciutto into small pieces and place on the second parchment paper lined baking sheet. Roast for 5 minutes or until crispy.
- Warm a sauté pan to medium heat and drizzle in the olive oil. Sauce the shallots until crispy.
- Assemble by layering the arugula, chipotle roasted squash, crispy shallots, prosciutto, pomegranates, pumpkin seeds and drizzle with the remaining chipotle butter.