Those of you who know me, know that I love cheese! Maybe it is my love of all things French or simply the wide range of salty, nutty, pungent, sharp, or creamy flavors that cheese offers. As I do not eat grains, most carbohydrates, or any sugar, cheese has become my fall-back comfort food! A slice of cheese is my go to quick snack or addition to any salad or breakfast eggs.
Although I have gotten used to eating cheese as a slice, there is something about cheese and crackers with olive tapenade, basil pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, or fresh berries. Enjoy these buttery and salty grain-free crackers with a sharp cheddar, smoked gouda or soft goat cheese.
These crackers are now my excuse to go on a picnic with red wine, cheese, and fresh fruit! I must add that the husband loves these grain-free snacks... :) Healthy, grain-free snacks are hard to come by so these will definitely be made again in the future.
Rosemary Olive Crackers
- 1 3/4 cups finely ground Almond Flour
- 3 tablespoons finely ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tbsp kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried italian herbs
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt (for sprinkling on top of crackers before baking)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly with clean hands or a fork.
- Roll cracker dough into a ball.
- Place dough in between 2 layers of parchment paper.
- Using a rolling pin, spread dough into a thin layer (1/4-1/2 inch thick).
- Remove the top layer of parchment paper and slice (knife or pizza cutter) into 2 inch squares.
- Place dough, with bottom parchment paper, onto a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle sea salt onto pre-cut cracker dough before baking.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes until the crackers are a light golden brown.